Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Write Present...What the heck am I doing?

I had this goofy idea while running this morning that I should start a blog pertaining to writing and add to it daily. (Is it true that people's rational mind's malfunction during intensive exercise??? If so, please keep that disclaimer in mind.) Last week, a dream of mine came into fruition--I became a full-time writer. No, I didn't land my huge publishing agreement (yet). And yes, I still wear other hats on occasion. But I believe that success and identity are based on drive, heart, passion, belief, dreams and what you spend most of your time and energy doing. I feel blessed to reap financial fruits for my "labor," but I know I was a writer long before that. Perhaps every writer has that 'lightbulb moment.' For me, it felt like a lightning storm.

"So...where is she going with this?" you ask. To be honest, I don't know. In vague terms, I plan to post something here daily...without obsessing over fine-tuning or grammatical perfection. Perhaps it's a journey you'll take with me--imperfect meanderings, short stories, song lyrics, musings. And one day when my novel's complete and on bookstore shelves (not why I write, but gotta believe) this blog may act like an embarassing childhood photo your parents pull out at graduation. If I have the (in?)sanity(?) to send this out to anyone in the first place.

So, there you have it, your first Write Present edition. Oh, one more thing--the reason for the title. On seoncd thought maybe I'll let y'all figure that one out on 'yer own. (See? Practing my "bad" grammar acceptance.) Until next time...I guess that's tomorrow, yikes.

1 comment:

  1. August, I am absolutely thrilled for you and I am so grateful to be invited to join you on the path of the Write Present!

    Wishing you continued joy and success!
    Heidi (and Tom and Geneva and Chester)

    ReplyDelete